Wednesday 17 July 2013

IBADAN HERITAGE MALL – could it be initial gragra

On a sunny Afternoon, I will rather stay indoors on my bed watching SCANDAL! When I think of the kinky love Olivia pope and the President share, I will go all red if I were an oyinbo girl (white girl). They are just so beautiful together I can’t get over them.




Just as I was watching another episode of scandal one sunny afternoon, a friend of mine called my attention to a picture on IG with tags “ #ibadanmall #cinema”. Eish I shouted, I was so excited I started doing my chicken dance, LOL. I heard a gist like a year ago that a mall was being built, and now that it is opened I couldn’t help but brag to my lagosian friends. I went on and on about how I couldn’t wait to come home. It’s been a long time coming for Ibadan and we youths have been waiting for this.



I thought to myself, Ibadan is stepping up ooo, now people get a place to go when they come for holidays and lovers (wink), yea lovers, families and a lot of people can add the mall to their list of places to visit.

As interesting as that sounds, I decided to give myself a break and come back to reality .If you grew up in IB or you live in IB you would have noticed an initial rush that IB people have concerning relaxation or entertainment places. And after a few months the place goes all dull and just a few still visit.



My friends and I got talking and they felt that the response of Ibadan peeps to the mall is just initial gragra(initial urge). They believe that after a few months the whole gragra will die down. Contrary to what my friends think I believe this mall is here to stay obviously and it is definitely not going to be a short term thing, unlike some other outlets. Even though the mall is yet to be completed, the fact that new shops are going to open will keep people interested. The thought of Shoprite alone definitely wows the Ibadan people. And for the initial urge, I think it’s because it’s a new place and it is very normal and it won’t affect the mall in the long run. What Ibadan people need are varieties which am sure we are getting soon…





What do you guyz think. Do you think people will react positively to the mall in the long run or do you also feel it is initial gragra like my friends think, that it will die down with time and why do you think so?



Enjoy the rest of the week, and please leave your comments. I will love to know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment